Sunday, July 15, 2012

Continued Insanity:

The first week of Insanity is done and I feel, on the whole, good about it. My moves certainly do not have the fine form of the people on the video, sometimes I down right look similar to a flopping fish on the bottom of a boat, but I get them in.

The program is doable, but keep in mind I am only doing the workouts, not the diet that can go with it. I was not certain that I wanted to do all eight weeks of the program but after visiting my brother today I am not sure I can allow myself not do all eight weeks. He did the whole program after not having any exercise over some years and after coming off of being a smoker for about half his life. After he mentioned that my ego kicked in and said I had to finish it or I am a wimp. Stupid ego, it is trying to kill me.

The timing almost works out, if I do the whole thing. It will carry onto the week of my friends wedding. It also carries onto some vacation plans, where I doubt I can easily bring a video and do the routine, but I should be able to get in all but maybe five workouts.

The only downside/issues with the workouts, so far, is a occasional pain in my left wrist while I do push ups. Uncomfortable but I don't think any tendons will rip out of place. If they do I am giving myself a total free pass on doing any more push-ups. The other issue was the shoes. Shoes are a must for these workouts. I tend to go sans shoes on workouts, if I can avoid them, but not these workouts. The shoes I was wearing were specifically running ones and some of the moves the padding was not right and my toes slid in a way that made me worry about blisters. I fixed this today with a trip to the local factory outlet and got some trainer shoes that I have high hopes for.

We will see how the body starts shaping up. I feel twinges here and there but no hunched back or waddle walk as a result of the routines. Which I am sure that Angel will thank me not to have on her wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment