Thursday, July 19, 2012

Insanity Day Something: 

Well, I could wash, rinse, and repeat what I have already written. The Insanity routine has not really changed. I am most of the way done with week two and so far so good. I still do floppy fish moves. I still do girly push-ups instead of the other push-ups on the video. And lastly, I still use balancing devices on certain moves. Since I seem to tip over easily in regular life, props are a must for moves that are not natural to man.

I am not sure I have noticed much as far as changes physically.  I may have gained two pounds, but since I weighed myself after a rather large breakfast I have decided to ignore the extra numbers. No visible inches lost as far as I can tell. All though I may have lost the padding that might have just started to develop on my lower back. At the same time it could have been a figment of my imagination that it was there in the first place. Dang figment fat. We will find out if anything has actually happened when I do my remeasure at the end of week four. 

The one thing that has surprised me is my lack of soreness.  After any new workout you feel "something new" somewhere. I call this muscle discovery. Everyone has had this, the muscle that you did not know existed that makes itself known after a new workout. Don't get me wrong. I do feel better, and maybe even stronger. But I am not sore anywhere. No waddle in my walk, no cringe as I sit, and no groaning as I go to pick up something. Makes a girl wonder if she has done something wrong.

I have decided this is going to be my last real post about Insanity routine for a bit otherwise it would be a lot of that washing and rinsing and repeating. Maybe the next one I will compare how my workouts tie, or don't tie, into a book I am reading, The First 20 Minutes. I can already see the start of clashing, mostly in the static stretch area.

Insanity, about 1/4th done.

No comments:

Post a Comment