Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Stop the Insanity:


Day One:  Day one of the Insanity routine, the Fit Test, is about 24 minutes long total. It opens up with Shaun T giving his motivation speach while two assistants? fellow workout buddies? prisoners in his sick game? stand in the background and do each routine. The first day is to measure where you are by keeping a count of eight exercises at one minute intervals.  After each, there is about a pause while Shaun T reviews the moves and progress of the other two.   This progress tracking happens about every two weeks for a total of five times, according to the schedule.

Overall I don’t think I did too badly. The only one I really flopped on (pun intended) was the pushup jack. This is a push up with a leg separation, like a jumping jack, while you push. Pushups are not my strong suit on a good day, I tend to like my girly style, but throw in a jack.. well. I did 16 in the minute and push down I was hitting my chest on the way down rather than saying the nice board with three inches between me and the floor. So it was more of a push flop.

I did well enough that I am willing to brave the next routine without too much trepidation. And since Shawn T does not have any slogans to get me motivated I will have to steal Nike’s and Just Do It.  By the end of it, it will probably Tony Horton’s “I hate it, but I love it”; either that or “CLEAR!” while the ambulance EMTs zap my heart back into working order.

Day Two: Good thing I have two people that read this blog or I am not sure Day Two would have happened.  I got home from work (which I walk and it is currently 102 outside) and was looking for any excuse to get out of workout, and it is only day two. Sigh. I emptied the drainer of dishes, remade the bed, and was starting to consider cleaning the bathrooms when I finally brow beat myself into it. What would my two readers think if I crapped out only after one day? Well, I told myself, you could fake blog.  No, I told myself, move that muffin top Erik says you have and workout.  I hate when I lose arguments with myself.

Day two is a 41 minute workout called Plyometic Cardio Circuit. Since I am sure you can read on any review site what it is made up of, I will just sum. Interval training that gets faster with each set. By the end of warm-up the sweat was starting to drip. By the end of the whole thing it probably looked like I had showered.  That and like death warmed over. I had to keep telling myself, “Just xxx amount of minutes left.”

I got through it and I am sure I can get through day three, Cardio Power & Resistance, and I will get through this week. Just to make sure I do, I am going to post this right after I type it, rather than all at day six.  But having heard that the second half (of the workout routine), which starts on week five, is much more of a challenge I am not sure how far that will go. 

1 comment:

  1. You know, reading about your motivation is really making it challenging for me to sit here doing nothing.

    ReplyDelete