Saturday, August 25, 2012

Cheaters Never Prosper

Now I have never really believed in the saying "cheaters never prosper" because usually they do. Cutting in line, being unethical to move ahead, or just plain lying usually behooves a person who is smart about it. At least in the short term. Sure, their kama might suffer, and maybe, if we are lucky, they may get their comeuppance, but usually not.  However with workouts it is not the same. Cheaters don't get the results they want - outside of performance enhancing drugs or nip and tucks, which the layman does not bother with.

These last two and a half days I have been a cheater. First I trimmed my workout on Wednesday. I don't consider this a bad cheat. It was a two workout day so I skipped the cool-down of the first workout and the warm-up of the second one. I find it silly and time adding to cool down when all you are going to do a minute later is warm up.

Sadly that is not where my cheating ends. Thursday was beers with the girls, not to mention a party with cake.. Mmm.. cake. Friday, mainly due to time constraints, no workout and off the cleanse again.  There may have been more beer involved too. Today, Saturday, the same deal minus some of the time constraints. To top it off I don't plan on trying to make up one of the days on my free day.

I am not quitting. Come Monday I am getting back on my horse. I consider this just a small side trip to the local watering hole.  A watering hole with delicious stouts. After the wedding in September I am even considering starting the program again, but with the program with the food menu added to my routine. That one I am not going to commit to quite yet, but it is high on my "possible" list. I certainly feel accomplished when I do it and berate myself when I don't.

So my cheating does not help me make my goals and my horse will be newly shod and ready to roll come Monday.

1 comment:

  1. They always say not to worry about straying off the path. Look forward and get right back on it.

    ReplyDelete