Sunday, August 5, 2012

Insane, Halfway 

I am officially halfway through my Insanity routine. Good news is some progress has occurred. My girly push-ups are now nice and crisp. I hope to graduate up to manly ones soon. My heart rate, while still up, is no longer in the impending-heart-failure range. And surprisingly my knees are not giving me issues despite all the high impact moves.  All around I feel good and think I am looking a wee bit more fit.

Measurements say that everything is as it was before. No great loss or gains anywhere. I am up about two or three pounds in weight, which is fine, since I am attributing that to better shoulder/chest muscles that are allowing me those crisp girly push-ups. 

In general the workout is a good one. Hard but not impossible. I find it a little bit easier to do without my glasses. Seeing the time bar at the bottom is a bit distracting. I keep checking it every two seconds to see how much longer I need to suffer. So taking away that distraction is a good thing. But the workout is a challenge. Water bottle and towel are a must. I also recommend good shoes since there is a lot of high impact moves. 

I am now upping the game for the later half of my workout; both in intensity and diet. The latter I planned to do even before the measurements or weight gain results were in. I am throwing in a cleanse. No, this is not a liquid diet with flax cocktails. All and all it is a raw food vegan diet with allergy prone foods tossed out. So I can eat all the (raw or cooked) whole fruits, vegetables, and nuts I want- while avoiding corn, peanuts, and gluten. Oh, and no booze or caffeine. 

I did this once before, for two weeks, this round I am going to do it until September. So those martini's and fancy cheeses that consumed in quantity two nights ago are out, and fruit platters and baby carrots are in. 

If the combination of the combination of the workout and cleanse does not kick me over into Insanity I am probably good for anything tossed at me. Including the wedding at the end of it. 

2 comments:

  1. I thought you were already insane???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very intense workout. After two weeks of sitting around watching the Olympics and eating every five minute at my Mom's house I've decided its time that me and the dog gets out for some hiking every day. I like hiking - the dog doesn't.

    ReplyDelete