Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Time for a Mix Up

The Insanity is getting to me. I am getting twitchy and nervous. Randomly during the day I am hearing a voice inside my head saying "Come on everybody, let's GOOO!" I am tired of pushing it. I am tired of hearing I can do it. I am tired of digging deeper. All this tried makes me just want to nap.

It is odd to think that a few weeks ago, on the recovery week, I was wishing for a more vigorous workout. As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for. I certainly got my wish. The last four? five? thousand? weeks have been Max workouts - and Max they have been.

Monday I could not talk myself into a workout on my own. I ended up having to force an audience in the room with me (the soon to be husband playing Bejeweled) to guilt myself into a 55 minute routine that I feel I have done a thousand times. I tell myself, "It is not that bad, they mix it up." But since the warm-up is the same on three of the workouts it seems to drag.  So the random cheering from the peanut gallery, who did not look up from his game, helped.  

Tuesday was a bit better. I was groaning over having to do the double workout on the schedule when I saw the *.  “Hum..” I said to myself, “let’s see what the * is.” I had seen this before - it means there is an alternate workout - but usually I don’t notice until I am done. This time I checked first: Max Sport Training Interval.  I became excited, a video I had not done before! Even better was the fact it was only one workout.  

It was still Max, and so rivers of sweat still ensued, but at least it was different. Hopefully the switch for the day was enough that when I get home today that it won’t be such a struggle to get it done. I have started to push the Just Do It mentality in order to get through these.  Less then one week left and we will see if it was worth it.



Update: Well, no Max Insanity tonight. I was not able to talk myself into it. I was able to negotiate myself down to a Jillian Michaels workout video instead. I remember it being a bit tougher then it was, but after Max anything I suppose it would look easier.  Still got sweaty, just not as much, and still got a workout in, just 15 minutes less than the other. Hopefully tomorrow I will be back on Insanity. 

2 comments:

  1. Time to give the finger a work out when you get back... WoW is calling for an uber disc priest that is so uber she puts it on her resume! And as Charlie said, have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete